ACC 561 Week 5 Quizwww.StudentWhiz.com1. Why are budgets useful in the planning process• They enable the budget committee to earn their paycheck.
• They provide management with information about the company’s past performance.
• They help communicate goals and provide a basis for evaluation.
• They guarantee the company will be profitable if it meets its objectives.2. A common starting point in the budgeting process is
• a clean slate, with no expectations.
• expected future net income.
• past performance.
• to motivate the sales force.Want more details? Download now ACC 561 Week 5 Quiz3. Which of the following statements about budget acceptance in an organization is true• The most widely accepted budget by the organization is the one prepared by top management.
• Budgets are hardly ever accepted by anyone except top management.
• The most widely accepted budget by the organization is the one prepared by the department heads.
• Budgets have a greater chance of acceptance if all levels of management have provided input into the budgeting process.4. What is budgetary control• The process of providing information on budget differences to lower level managers
• Another name for a flexible budget
• The degree to which the CFO controls the budget
• The use of budgets in controlling operationsQuiz Answers just a click away ACC 561 Week 1 Quiz5. The comparison of differences between actual and planned results
• is done by the external auditors.
• appears on the company’s external financial statements.
• is usually done orally in departmental meetings.
• appears on periodic budget reports.6. A static budget
• should not be prepared in a company.
• is useful in evaluating a manager’s performance by comparing actual variable costs and planned variable costs.
• shows planned results at the original budgeted activity level.
• is changed only if the actual level of activity is different than originally budgeted….
ACC 561 Week 6 Quizwww.StudentWhiz.com
1. A major accounting contribution to the managerial decision-making process in evaluating possible courses of action is to
• provide relevant revenue and cost data about each course of action.
• determine the amount of money that should be spent on a project.
• decide which actions that management should consider.
• assign responsibility for the decision.2. In incremental analysis,
• only costs are analyzed.
• only revenues are analyzed.
• both costs and revenues may be analyzed.
• both costs and revenues that stay the same between alternate courses of action will be analyzed.Quiz Answers just a click away ACC 561 Week 6 Quiz3. Incremental analysis is most useful
• as a replacement technique for variance analysis.
• in evaluating the master budget.
• in developing relevant information for management decisions.
• in choosing between the net present value method and the internal rate of return method.4. It costs Ross Co. $24 of variable and $10 of fixed costs to produce one bathroom scale which normally sells for $70. A foreign wholesaler offers to purchase 2,000 scales at $30 each. Ross would incur special shipping costs of $2 per scale if the order were accepted. Ross has sufficient unused capacity to produce the 2,000 scales. If the special order is accepted, what will be the effect on net income• $8,000 decrease
• $12,000 decrease
• $60,000 increase
• $8,000 increaseWant more details? Download now ACC 561 Week 1 Quiz5. Carter, Inc. can make 100 units of a necessary component part with the following costs:
Direct Materials $120,000
Direct Labor 20,000
Variable Overhead 60,000
Fixed Overhead 40,000
If Carter purchases the component externally, $30,000 of the fixed costs can be avoided. At what external price for the 100 units is the company indifferent between making or buying• $170,000
• $240,0006. Mink Manufacturing is unsure of…
The Red Stuff, The Clear Stuff, and The Aftermath. In William Shakespeare’s play Macbeth, there are reoccurring symbols which help develop the major themes. There are some symbols used to foreshadow guilt which plays a big role in the theme of the play. It is evident that there are other symbols which are subtle may not be as evident but often show up and eventually lead to the theme of guilt. The three symbols that are important and repeated are water, hallucinations and blood. Each time one of these symbols are used they are used as precursors to a theme or a significant event. The first symbol that is represented is water. Water is used throughout most of the play. Macbeth and Lady Macbeth use water to clean them of the murder they have committed because of the guilt they feel. Macbeth feels penitence and guilt after murdering King Duncan, his wife advises him to wash his hands with water to cleanse him of the guilt. However, the guilt he feels is so deep that he believes not even all the water in the ocean can cleanse but his guilty bloody hands will make the oceans red, “No; this my hand will rather The multitudinous seas incarnadine, making the green one red” (Pg.83). Despite Lady Macbeth’s suggestion of cleansing their deeds with water, no amount of water seems to be enough. Near the end, it is evident that she does not feel cleansed of her deeds and still feels guilty because as she is sleepwalking she says, “Out, damned spot; out, I say!” (Pg.213) and makes motions of rubbing he hands together as someone would if they were washing their hands. In her mind she feels the guilt and knows no amount of water will cleanse her guilt “What, will these hands ne’er be clean?” (Pg.213) and she is repeatedly trying to cleanse herself of the guilt. Water is correlated with guilt throughout the play, and is a very important symbol because Macbeth and Lady Macbeth both turn to water for cleansing when they feel guilt. The second symbol is…
OPS 571 WEEK 1 QUIZwww.StudentWhiz.com 1. Poka-yoke is a Japanese term for a procedure that blocks an inevitable mistake from becoming what• An unidentifiable waste
• A service defect
• A new process design flaw
• A reason for overproductionComplete Answers just a click away OPS 571 Week 1 Quiz Assignment2. For which key organizational functions are tasks and responsibilities identified for all the steps of the generic product development process• marketing, operations, training, development
• marketing, design, manufacturing, other
• strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats
• operations, quality, personnel, finance3. A service process design flowchart is referred to as a service blueprint to emphasize what• The importance of process design
• The impact of customer service
• The impact of blueprints
• The importance of system engineering4. Even though they use different models, both the Ritz Carlton Hotel Group and Nordstrom Department Stores are known for what• The personal attention they provide their customers
• A self-service approach to customer service
• Customer facing employees who only talk to rich customers
• Poor customer serviceWant more details? Download now OPS 571 All Quiz Answers5. According to the Service System Design Matrix, sales opportunity has what sort of relationship to production efficiency• Direct Relationship
• Equal Relationship
• Inverse Relationship
• No Relationship6. Which of the following is a good example of a continuous process layout• A sit down restaurant
• An automobile manufacturing plant
• A home construction site
• A gas refineryComplete paper here OPS 571 Week 1 Complete Quiz or Knowledge Check7. If an automotive service center has an issue with a car not being clean when returned to a customer, the pokayoke corrective action might include what• Leaving the plastic on the seat when returning the car to the customer.
• Leaving it up to…
Adoption: How much do you really want a familyHow much do you want a family? Couples and even single people that cannot conceive on their own, would you be willing to open your heart to adopting a child? Adoption is a responsibility for a lifetime. Most people have heard both good things and bad things that happen with adoption. In the end, adoption is a wonderful thing, but it is a complicated process that takes time, money and an emotional toll.One thing that is clear about adoption is that it is a lengthy process. According to a statistic on Building Your Family: The Infertility and Adoption Guide, it can take anywhere from three months of starting to 36 months of ending (2015). The perspective adoptive parent(s) will need to decide to use an adoption agency, an attorney or your local Department of Social Services to facilitate the process. After selecting which method they want to use, the documentation process begins. Many types of documents such as references, birth and marriage certificates and many other documents will need to be collected. After your documents are in order, the next step is to decide whether you will adopt locally, from another state or internationally. No matter what route you pick, adoption takes time.Besides time, adoption is expensive. According to statistics, the price varies depending on the type of adoption process chosen. The cost can start at $ 20,000 and up, depending on if you are adopting locally or international (The Adoption Process, 2015). People have come up with ways to pay for an adoption. Here are a few; one woman said that she bought stock in her company where she works, a couple drained their CDs account (certificate of deposit) dry. Some people ask friends, family, and strangers if they could help, by making flyers to explaining why they needed the help (The Adoption Process, 2015). What’s even better is if you have a job that helps with the cost. According to Mary and Tim Gesiriech, their company…
OPS 571 WEEK 2 QUIZwww.StudentWhiz.com
1. In the pull system, which of the following is the partner that begins the process of pulling• Vendors
• Quality control personnel
• Executive managementQuiz Answers just a click away OPS 571 Week 2 Quiz2. Which of the following operations consulting tools are used in the cost impact and payoff analysis stage in the operations consulting process• SPC tools and bottleneck analysis
• Customer surveys and gap analysis
• Decision trees and stakeholder analysis
• Plant audits and statistical tools3. Which of the following production process terms best describes a stage in a multiple stage process that limits the capacity of the overall process• Buffer
• BlockingWant help? Click to download OPS 571 Week 2 Quiz Answers4. Which of the following is a principle of reengineering• Organize around the tasks
• Capture information many times, at the source and where it is interpreted
• Treat geographically dispersed resources as though they were centralized
• Integrate the outcomes of parallel activities5. Which of the following operations consulting tools provide summary performance updates for specific processes and are generally presented in graphical form with color coding of trend lines and alarms• Decision trees
• Stakeholder analysis
• Process dashboards
• Responsibility chartsComplete paper here OPS 571 Week 2 Quiz or Knowledge Check6. Which of the following are possible examples of cycle times• Time that a part waits in queue
• Time it takes for an instructor to grade an exam
• Time required to produce a batch of parts
• Time to set up a new assembly line7. What is the term that refers to “the fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of business processes to achieve dramatic improvements in critical, contemporary measures of performance, such as cost, quality, service, and speed” (as cited in Jacobs & Chase,…
HEAR WHAT OPRAH WINFREY HAD TO SAY ABOUT MEN :If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay. Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that’s not meant to be. Slower is better. Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy. If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can’t “be friends”. A friend wouldn’t mistreat a friend.Don’t settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is. Don’t stay because you think “it will get better.” You’ll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better. The only person you can control in a relationship is you. Avoid men who have a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn’t marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently? Always have your own set of friends separate from his. Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up. Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.You cannot change a man’s behavior. Change comes from within. Don’t EVER make him feel he is more important than you are. Even if he has has more education or in a better job. Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.Never let a man define who you are. Never borrow someone else’s man. If he cheated with you, he’ll cheat on you. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you. All men are NOT dogs.You should not be the one doing all the bending… Compromise is two way street. You need time to heal between relationships. There is nothing cute about baggage… Deal with your issues before pursuing a new
relationship. You should never look for…
The story ‘Let Them Call It Jazz’ is written by Jean Rhys and it talks about Selina, a dark skinned, young woman who has no money, no home and no idea of what to do next in her life. She came to England with the intent of becoming a seamstress at a shop in London, but has had no luck getting hired. Instead she finds herself kicked out of the bedsit she rents weekly and learns that her life savings has been stolen. Jean Rhys has used specific characterization techniques to convey certain attitudes toward racial oppression. Her narration and dialogue, her personality and the other character’s reaction to her are integral in communicating the racism message in the story to the reader. Jean Rhys was influenced by her own experience with the whites and wanted to speak out about the racist acts by the people of England.
The other character’s reaction is shown when she moved into a new flat, she was disliked instantly and was told by her neighbors “Must you stay? Can’t you go?” this shows that the people of that age then disliked people who were not white and did not treat them properly. Her previous land lady, not only stole Selina’s money, but also lied to the police when Selina reported that her money was stolen, saying “She certainly had no money when she came here, She able to pay a month’s rent in advance for her room”. This caused Selina to leave the flat to find another one. Racism through the reaction of other characters is further shown when Selina was singing on her own and the neighbors disliked it. They called the police and when she was being told off my the police,” You can’t make that noise here. Get along home. You’ve been drinking.”, the woman who had called the police was “looking at me and smiling” and the “other people at their windows” this proves that racism was dominant during that time.
OPS 571 WEEK 3 QUIZ
www.StudentWhiz.com1. When considering outsourcing, what should firms tend to avert• Allowing outsourcing to develop into a substitute for innovation
• Losing control of noncore activities
• Giving the outsourcing partner opportunities to become a strong competitor
• Allowing employees transferred to the outsourcing partner to rejoin the firmQuiz Answers just a click away OPS 571 Week 3 Quiz2. What is the important starting point in developing a capacity plan• Predicting the ability of suppliers to meet needs
• Determining the effective capacity of a resource over some period of time.
• Predicting the needs of customers
• Understanding key components of the supply chain3. Which of the following is an input to the master production schedule (MPS)• Bill of materials
• The aggregate plan
• Exception report
• Inventory records fileWant help? Click to download OPS 571 Week 3 Quiz Answers4. Which of the following is an input file necessary to run an MRP program• Planned order schedules
• Bill of materials (BOM) file
• Exception reports
• Quality management report5. Which of the following forecasting methods is very dependent on selection of the right individuals who will judgmentally be used to actually generate the forecast• Simple moving average
• Time series analysis
• Delphi method
• Weighted moving averageComplete paper here OPS 571 Week 3 Knowledge Check6. The main purpose of aggregate operations planning is to specify the optimal combination of which of the following• Inventory on hand and financing costs for that inventory
• Workforce levels and inventory on hand
• The workforce level and the degree of automation
• The strategic plan and the products available for sale7. Which of the following is an essential resource that flows through a hospital supply chain• Patients
• Doctors and Nurses
• Information8. In business forecasting, what is…
OPS 571 WEEK 4 QUIZ
www.StudentWhiz.com1. A work breakdown structure is
• a hierarchy of tasks, subtasks, and work packages
• a Cost and Performance tracking schedule
• a structure that is incompatible with the Critical Path Method
• a simple list of the activities making up a projectQuiz Answers just a click away OPS 571 Week 4 Quiz2. The vertical axis on a Gantt chart is usually which of the following• Activities
• Profit3. Which of the following identifies a key principle of Reengineering• Organize around tasks.
• Downsize (layoff) workers and do the same amount of work as before.
• Merge information processing work into the real work that produces the information.
• Capture information both at the source and where it is interpreted.4. At the onset, a project originates as which of the following• A Gantt chart
• A series of milestones
• Critical path method (CPM)
• A statement of work (SOWWant help? Click to download OPS 571 Week 4 Quiz Answers5. Consulting firms typically use which of the following techniques to plan and monitor the engagements of the firm or specific projects• CPM/PERT
• Qualitative forecasting
• Materials requirements planning (MRP)
• Quantitative layout6. A Responsibility Chart specifically identifies which of the following• Planning the tasks for a project
• Customer satisfaction
• Commitment to quality
• Level of inventoryWant more details? Download now OPS 571 All Quiz Answers7. Which of the following would be the result of subdividing a project• Job orders
• Work events
• Job categories
• Tasks8. Which project progress technique includes the essential features of a project plan, budgeted cost of work scheduled and budgeted cost of work performed• Earned value management
• Critical path method
• Cost analysis
• Gantt chartFinal Exam Answers just a click away OPS 571 Final Exam9. An example of a graphic project report…